Ubisoft's flagship franchise has broken its own records with the release of Assassin's Creed III.
The game debuted at No.1 in the UK All Formats Charts and is the publisher's biggest launch to date. It almost doubled the week one sales of 2009's Assassin's Creed II, and surpassed Ubisoft's previous best-seller – last year's AC: Revelations – by more than 117,000 units.
It is the second biggest UK game launch of the year so far, following September's FIFA 13. The Xbox 360 version accounted for 59 per cent of sales, with the other 41 per cent taken by the PS3 SKU. A PC version of AC III is still on the way.
Vita tie-in Assassin's Creed III: Liberation also performed well, debuting at No.14. It is the third biggest launch on the handheld, behind launch titles Uncharted: Golden Abyss and FIFA Football.
FIFA 13 holds onto No.2, with only a slight sales dip of two per cent. Medal of Honor: Warfighter drops from No.1 to No.6, following a 46 per cent decline in sales.
Three new entries enter the Top Five, with WWE '13 at No.3, Football Manager at No.4 and Need For Speed: Most Wanted at No.5. Need For Speed was the only one to surpass week one sales of last year's release, shifting 17,000 more copies than NFS: The Run.
Despite four big new releases finding spots in the Top 10, new IP Dishonored continues to perform well. The Bethesda title survived a 36 per cent sales drop and slipped to No.10.
Here's the UK All Formats Top 20 in full for the week ending October 27th:
1. Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft)
2. FIFA 13 (EA)
3. WWE '13 (THQ)
4. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
5. Need For Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
6. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
7. Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
8. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
9. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
10. Dishonored (Bethesda)
11. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Nintendo)
12. Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park (Mind Candy/Activision)
13. Resident Evil 6 (Capcom)
14. Assassin's Creed: Liberation (Ubisoft)
15. Pokmon Black 2 (Nintendo)
16. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
17. F1 2012 (Codemasters)
18. Doom 3: BFG Edition (Bethesda)
19. Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
20. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)