A new entry in Bandai Namco's popular Tales of RPG series was the best-selling game in Japan last week, according to market data from Famitsu.
Tales of Berseria sold 160,040 units on PlayStation 4, the highest-performing SKU, with the PS3 edition charting in third place with 74,052 copies sold.
In second place was last week's No.1, Yokai Watch 3. Sales of the 3DS game fell 24 per cent week-on-week.
Hardware sales for Nintendo's handheld also dropped by 18 per cent this week. It was still the best-selling console of the week, ahead of PlayStation 4. Sales of that console rose nine per cent week-on-week, likely due to Tales of Berseria.
Pokmon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire chart in ninth place with 8,811 copies sold, likely due to Pokmon Go's success.
Meanwhile, tenth place goes to Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympics as the Olympics close in Rio.
Below is the software Top Ten for the week ending August 21st:
1. Tales of Berseria (Bandai Namco) PS4 – 160,040 (New)
2. Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi/Tempura (Level 5) 3DS – 74,388
3. Tales of Berseria (Bandai Namco) PS3 – 74,052 (New)
4. Puzzle & Dragons X: Kami no Sho / Ryu no Sho (GungHo) 3DS – 20,951
5. Dragon Ball: Fusions (Bandai Namco) 3DS – 13,198
6. Kirby: Planet Robobot (Nintendo) 3DS – 11,232
7. Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Microsofot) Wii U – 10,021
8. Collar x Malice (Idea Factory) Vita - 9,406 (New)
9. Pocket Monster Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (The Pokmon Company) 3DS - 8,811
10. Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Nintendo) Wii U - 7,508
And here are the hardware numbers:
1. New Nintendo 3DS LL, 21,393
2. PS4, 19,053
3. PS Vita, 11,086
4. Wii U, 5,623
5. New Nintendo 3DS, 5,005
6. PS3, 944
7. Nintendo 3DS LL, 135
8. Nintendo 3DS, 202
9. Xbox One, 40