After three weeks at the top, FIFA 17 has been pushed down to No.2 by another EA title, as Battlefield 1 debuts in top spot.
According to GfK, this new entry in the franchise has outsold the combined week one sales for both 2013's Battlefield 4 and 2015's Battlefield Hardline. Battlefield 1's sales represented 45.05 per cent of the market this week, the data firm adds.
Meanwhile, FIFA 17's sales dipped 36 per cent and last week's No.2, Gears of War 4, dropped two spots to No.4, with sales decreasing 76 per cent.
Mafia III managed to remain at No.3 despite sales dipping 59 per cent.
Warner Bros' Batman: Return to Arkham entered the charts at No.5 and, further down the list, Civilization VI debuted at No.15.
Here is the software Top Ten for the week ending October 22nd:
1. Battlefield 1, EA
2. FIFA 17, EA
3. Mafia 3, 2K Games
4. Gears of War 4, Microsoft
5. Batman: Return to Arkham, Warner Bros
6. WWE 2K17, 2K Games
7. Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Edition, Square Enix
8. Forza Horizon 3, Microsoft
9. Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar
10. Minecraft: Xbox Edition, Microsoft