Luminaries from some of the most innovative and important companies in the games market have been confirmed for the London Games Conference on Thursday, November 4th.
The event, which takes place at BAFTA, Piccadilly, will examine the challenges in an industry that is being driven more than ever before by digital distribution, online play, social networks and the concept of ‘games as a service', not shifting boxed product into the High Street.
A full list of speakers can be found below.
Screen Digest will also be presenting exclusive new data at the conference. And Ed Vaizey, the Minister for Culture, Communications and Creative Industries, will deliver a closing address. The exact schedule, including sessions chaired by MCV editor-in-chief Michael French, former Sony Worldwide Studios boss Phil Harrison and Eurogamer TV's Johnny Minkley, will be published soon.
We're delighted at the calibre of speakers and panellists that we've brought together for the second London Games Conference – and with the support we've received from UKIE, the London Games Festival and Screen Digest,” commented Stuart Dinsey, managing director of event organiser Intent Media.
The end result will be a conference that delivers a unique set of insights into the issues that are currently challenging all parts of the business.”
A limited number of delegate spaces are available, but the early bird 229 rate runs out on Thursday, September 23rd. Contact Jodie.Holdway@intentmedia.co.uk to attend.
The event is supported by platinum sponsor IGN, and gold sponsors The Hut, AGI, InComm and Virgin Gaming.
London Games Conference will run from 5pm to 8pm and is followed by a networking dinner and drinks.
LOOK WHO'S TALKING
Speakers and panelists attending London Games Conference to talk about their digital experiences include:
* Heiko Hubertz – Founder and CEO, Bigpoint
* Shuji Utsumi – CEO, Q Entertainment
* Ben Cousins – Executive Producer, EA Dice
* Kristian Segerstrale – CEO, Playfish
* Dave Perry – Co-Founder and CEO, Gaikai
* Phil Harrison – Co-Founder and General Partner, London Venture Partners
* Chris Petrovic – SVP and GM, GameStop Digital Ventures
* Ian Chambers – International Vice President, Direct2Drive
* David Reeves – COO, Capcom Europe
* Floris Jan Cuypers – Business Development Director, Spil Games