The growing aspirations of Western games in key Japanese markets have received another shot in the arm with confirmation that Activision's Call of Duty: Black Ops has claimed the top spot in this week's Japanese software charts.
The PS3 version of the game shifted 129k units this week, driving it all the way to No.1. The Xbox 360 SKU sold an additional 30k units, claiming seventh place.
Square Enix is the publisher of Black Ops in Japan.
Here's the Top Ten in full (courtesy of Kotaku):
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)
2. Super Kasekihorida (DS)
3. Pokemon Black / White (DS)
4. Super Mario Collection Special Pack (Wii)
5. Tactics Ogre: Unmei no Wa (PSP)
6. World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 (PSP)
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Xbox 360)
8. Tongari Boushi to Mahou no Otana (DS)
9. World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 (PS3)
10. Agarest Senki 2 (PS3)
In other Japanese sales news, Microsoft's Xbox 360 Kinect sold 26k units in its first week.