This week was a busy period for the Japanese games market, with every single entry in the Top 10 for the region being a new release.
From Software and Sony's new hardcore RPG Bloodborne went straight to No.1 in Japan, shifting 150,245 units according to market data from Famitsu.
This PS4-exclusive title no doubt contributed to Sony's new console continuing to be the best-selling hardware in the region for this week.
This week also saw the release of new entries in the One Piece, Sword Art Online, Senran Kagura and Pro Yakyuu Spirits series.
The Vita SKU of Sword Art Online: Lost Song launched in second place, while the PS3 version debuted in seventh place.
Meanwhile the PS3 SKU of the latest entry in Bandai Namco's pirate-themed anime series One Piece – Pirate Warriors 3 – debuts in third place, while the Vita edition goes straight to eighth place. The PS4 SKU is the worst performing version of the game, launching in tenth place.
New PS3 entries in the One Piece, Pro Yakyuu Spirits and Sword Art Online also help to boost the console's hadware sales 7.6 per cent week-on-week.
Below is the software Top 10 for the March 23rd to March 29th period:
1. Bloodborne (Sony) PS4 – 150,245 (New)
2. Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Bandai Namco) Vita – 125,441 (New)
3. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco) PS3 – 81,387(New)
4. Pro Yakyu Spirits 2015 (Konami) PS3 – 63,648 (New)
5. Theatrhythm Dragon Quest (Square Enix) 3DS – 61073 (New)
6. Senran Kagura Estival Versus: Shojo-tachi no Sentaku (Marvelous) Vita – 49,365 (New)
7. Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Bandai Namco) PS3 – 43,562(New)
8. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco) Vita – 42,845(New)
9. Pro Yakyu Spirits 2015 (Konami) Vita – 38,519 (New)
10. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco) PS4 – 37,812(New)
And here is the hardware chart:
1. PS4 – 46,830
2. PS Vita– 28,222
3. New Nintendo 3DS LL– 16,225
5. New Nintendo 3DS–5,421
6. Wii U–5,298
7. Nintendo 3DS LL–2,205
8. Nintendo 3DS–1,877
9. PS Vita TV–674
10. Xbox One–220