At last, we have a No.1 selling in decent numbers.
2K Games' Borderlands 2 has debuted at No.1 in this week's listings thanks to the biggest unit sales launch of 2012 to date, bettering previous sales winner Mass Effect 3.
Its predecessor Borderlands, which launched in late 2009, made it only to No.7. This new game bettered its week one sales by a factor of four to one. The Xbox 360 version accounted for 71 per cent of total sales, with 22 per cent on PS3 and seven per cent on PC – though that doesn't include digital sales, of course.
Codemasters' F1 2012 manages a second place finish in its first week while Konami's PES 2013 debuts at No.3. Sony's LittleBigPlanet Vita debuts in seventh place.
Here's the Top 20 in full for the week ending September 22nd:
1. Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
2. F1 2012 (Codemasters)
3. PES 2013 (Konami)
4. Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
5. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
6. LittleBigPlanet Vita (Sony)
7. New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
8. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Namco Bandai)
9. Guild Wars 2 (NCsoft)
10. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
11. London 2012: The Official Video Game (Sega)
12. Dead Island GOTY (Koch)
13. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
14. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Warner)
15. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympics (Sega)
16. The Sims 3: Supernatural (EA)
17. Skylanders: Spyro' Adventure (Activision)
18. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
19. Madden NFL 13 (EA)
20. Dirt Showdown (Codemasters)