Activision’s Call of Duty: WWII is a hit, claiming a very firm UK No.1 on its debut week.
The shooter bucked the trend of High Street declines by posting unit sales some 57 per cent higher than last year’s COD: Infinite Warfare. Revenue was up 21 per cent year-on-year. The performance was multitudes ahead of anything else on the chart.
Last week’s chart-topper Assassin’s Creed: Origins slips just one place to No.2, while Super Mario Odyssey doesn’t do quite as well, dropping to No.4 after a big sales decline. That places it below EA’s FIFA 18 at No.3.
Gran Turismo Sport holds on at No.5, while Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus slips two places to No.6. There are also three Top 10 re-entries – Forza Motorsport 7, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Forza Horizon 3 in positions seven to nine respectively.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War just holds on to its Top 10 spot by just a handful of units over South Park: The Fractured But Whole, which drops to No.12.
The only other new entry in the Top 40 is Focus Home Interactive’s Spintires: Mudrunner, which debuts in 24th.
Here’s the UK Top 10 in full for the week ending November 4th:
- Call of Duty: WWII (Activision)
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins (Ubisoft)
- FIFA 18 (EA)
- Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo)
- Gran Turismo: Sport (Sony)
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Bethesda)
- Forza Motorsport 7 (Microsoft)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo)
- Forza Horizon 3 (Microsoft)
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Warner Bros)