Destiny 2 has gone straight in at No.1 in the Japanese weekly chart, according to the latest data from Famitsu. The week ending September 10th was light on new releases, Famitsu notes, but Activision's shooter (published by Sony in Japan) managed to shift 51,629 units in its first five days on sale to take the No.1 spot. That's almost 90 per cent of its initial shipment. However, much like its launch in the UK, sales were considerably down on its predecessor, which reached 137,000 units during Week One back in 2014. That's a decline of 62 per cent.
Splatoon 2, meanwhile, shows no signs of slowing down, claiming the No.2 spot for the third consecutive week. The title sold another 49,000 units last week, but most of those sales (around 80 per cent) came from its Switch hardware bundle, Famitsu notes, rather than standalone copies of the game.
As a result, the Switch maintained its position at No.1 in the hardware charts, selling another 48,000 units. That said, the PS4 Pro saw a huge growth in sales last week, hitting over 11,000 units after a 97 per cent rise week-on-week.
Other new entries include Bandai Namco's Dragonball: Xenoverse 2 for the Nintendo Switch, which debuted at No.4 after selling 23,000 units, and 5pb's Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!, which took No.9 and No.10 on Vita and PS4 respectively.
Here's the Top Ten software chart in full for the week ending September 10th:
1. Destiny 2 (PS4), Sony, 51,629 (New)
2. Splatoon 2 (Switch), Nintendo, 49,165
3. Everybody's Golf (PS4), Sony, 25,215
4. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 (Switch), Bandai Namco, 23,011 (New)
5. Draogn Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (3DS), Square Enix, 21,305
6. Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Version (Switch), Capcom, 13,983
7. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (PS4), Square Enix, 13,347
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch), Nintendo, 10,177
9. Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!: Kono Yokubukai Game ni Shinpan wo! (Vita), 5pb, 9,690 (New)
10.Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!: Kono Yokubukai Game ni Shinpan wo! (PS4), 5pb, 8,095 (New)
And here are the hardware numbers for the same period:
Nintendo Switch, 47,801
New Nintendo 2DS XL, 11,534
PS4 Pro, 10,734
New Nintendo 3DS XL, 9,158
PS Vita, 4,182
Nintendo 2DS, 1,549
New Nintendo 3DS, 227
Wii U, 105
Xbox One S, 84