This week, we partner with our sister title Esports Pro for a special esports edition of MCV. We met some of the biggest players of the UK esports scene – the British Esports Association, ESL UK, Faceit, Gfinity and Multiplay – and discussed the growth of the market, what needs to be done over the next ten years to secure the UK as a key esports territory and how the rest of the games industry can get involved.
We also talk to Evil Controllers' founder Adam Coe about how he intends to dominate console esports with his customised controllers, and to Milestone's marketing manager Andrea Loiudice about the upcoming MotoGP Esport Championship.
Elsewhere, we have a chat with SuperData's Insights team and Klosters Trading Corporation's president Lutz Muller about the kids games market and whether mobile is killing kids gaming on consoles.
And since it's not long now until this year's holiday shopping season begins, we also pick the hottest products that are likely to be big this Christmas.
The full contents of this week's issue are below:
- OPINION: ToyNews editor Rob Hutchins discusses the special relationship between video games and toys
- OPINION: Esports Pro editor Jake Tucker on why Rocket League is one of the most promising esports of the generation
- ESPORTS UK: The British Esports Association, ESL UK, Faceit, Gfinity and Multiplay give their verdict on the current esports scene in the UK
- EVIL GENIUS: As Evil Controllers celebrates its tenth anniversary of making customised peripherals, we catch up with founder Adam Coe
- MOTOGP: With its new MotoGP Esport Championship underway, we talk to Milestone about the motorsport to esport tie up
- CHILD'S PLAY: With more children playing games on smartphones, we ask SuperData and Kolsters Trading Corporation whether mobile is killing kids gaming on consoles
- CHRISTMAS IN JULY: We take a look at the hottest games and products likely to be flying off shelves in the run-up to Christmas
- INSIGHT: Generation Media explains how cinema is providing an engaging platform for gaming advertisers to speak to their audience
- DIRECTORY: We talk to Ed Walker at audio production gaming specialists Sounding Sweet
- VOOFOO: We speak with marketing and PR manager Sean Walsh about the growth of VooFoo Studios and its recent move into publishing
- PLUS! Splatoon 2 headlines the big game releases of the week, Crash Bandicoot takes retail by storm, and more