Fallout 4 has tripled the sales of its predecessor New Vegas, rocketing to number one in the UK retail rankings.
The PS4, Xbox One and PC title outsold 2010's Fallout: New Vegas by 213 per cent during its first week on sale, according to Chart-Track.
It also became the third-largest launch of the year in the UK, tracking behind FIFA 16 and Call of Duty: Black Ops III – and ahead of fellow open-world efforts The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Batman Arkham Knight and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
The former title fell one spot to third despite a 10 per cent bump from Xbox One hardware bundles, while the latter fell to second place as sales more than halved.
Fallout marks Bethesda's second top spot of 2015, following RPG counterpart The Elder Scrolls Online.
Although exact figures are yet to be reported, Bethesda said last week that it had shipped 12 million Fallout 4 units to retail, with expectations of $750 million in revenue.
Meanwhile, the second instalment in the rebooted Tomb Raider franchise, Rise of the Tomb Raider, swiped fourth position in its debut week. The adventuring sequel is exclusive to Xbox until next year.
Chart-Track said that 85 per cent of Rise of the Tomb Raider sales were on Xbox One, with Xbox 360 claiming the remaining 15 per cent.
Over on PC, the third piece of Blizzard's StarCraft II trilogy was released. Doubtless more successful in the digital space (which is currently not considered in Chart-Track's data), the boxed edition of Legacy of the Void came in at number 23.
Another PC-exclusive newcomer was Football Manager 2016, which landed at number seven in its first week.
The Top Ten best-selling games for the week ending November 14th were:
- Fallout 4 (Bethesda)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision Blizzard)
- FIFA 16 (EA)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (Microsoft/Square Enix)
- Minecraft: Story Mode (Telltale Games)
- Need for Speed (EA)
- Football Manager 2016 (Sega)
- LEGO Dimensions (Warner Bros)
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Ubisoft)
- Halo 5: Guardians (Microsoft)