The first patch for Fallout 4 is out now in beta for Steam users.
As with past releases, Bethesda plans to beta test updates on PC first and subsequently release officially on both PC and consoles.
Highlights for Fallout 4 beta v1.2.33 include improvements to stability and general memory, number pad support for remapping, and a few fixes for various quests.
PC owners of the game interested in checking out the new fixes and tweaks in beta are offered the following instructions to get the update:
- Log into Steam
- Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
- Select Settings
- Select Betas
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
- Select OK.
- Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
- When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library
Here's the full patch notes:
- Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
- Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
- During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly