Bethesda has made good on its aim to bring Fallout Shelter to Android this month, with the game available to download now on Google Play.
The game was revealed during E3 in June, launching on the same day for iOS. The company initially stated the Android version would hopefully be out in a few months from that time, with marketing boss Pete Hines later indicating an August release window.
Polygon reports Bethesda has run into at least one issue already with the game on Android, pointing to hacked leaderboards. The top score is currently 2bn, which is a pretty decent lead over the runner-up's score of just under 16,000.
Alongside the release, Bethesda has deployed Fallout Shelter version 1.1 for both iOS and Android apps. Here are the details on what's included:
- To ensure your experience is as enjoyable and hassle-free as possible, Vault-Tec engineers have implemented some exiting new features!
- Overseers should be on the lookout for new threats to their Vault Dwellers. Some Vaults have reported attacks by burrowing Mole Rats and enraged Deathclaws - likely attracted by the sound of new construction.
- Vault-Tec has partnered with General Atomics International in order to offer Overseers their very own robot butler - the Mister Handy! Now you lazier Overseers have a friendly, entertaining alternative to tapping and collecting resources. (Crumpets not included.)
- Our engineers clearly underestimated the, *ahem*, usefulness of living quarters to stimulate Vault growth, resulting in gross overpopulation and decreased Vault efficiency. Rest assured, the simulation has been adjusted, and Vaults of all shapes and sizes should now run more smoothly.
- Not content with stealing your Vault's resources, some rather enterprising Raiders have now resorted to stealing Caps as well. (If you haven't armed your Vault Dwellers yet, now's the time!)
- As Vault-Tec does not approve of the use of unsanctioned levitation technology, all Vault Dwellers that were found floating through the air have been grounded. Permanently.
- Some of the more difficult daily objective requirements have been adjusted to more obtainable levels. You're welcome.
- Continued general maintenance to the Vault simulation. Because an efficient machine is a happy machine!