EA's FIFA 14 has held off Grand Theft Auto V to claim its second week as the UKIE Gfk Chart-Track All Formats No.1.
Sales of the football game fell 68 per cent in its second week, which is an improvement on the 72 per cent drop FIFA 13 saw in week two.
GTA V has now passed GTA IV's UK lifetime sales after just three weeks on release, becoming the 12th best-selling game in UK history in unit terms and the fifth best-selling by revenue, although it looks likely to pass Call of Duty: Black Ops to claim fourth place this week.
Codemasters' F1 2013 enters the charts in third with Nintendo's fellow newcomer The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD debuting in at No.4.
There are two other Top Ten new-entries – 2K Sports' NBA 2K14 at No.7 and Ubisoft's Just Dance 2014 at No.9.
Here's the Top 20 in full for the week ending October 5th:
1. FIFA 14 (EA)
2. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
3. F1 2013 (Codemasters)
4. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Nintendo)
5. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
6. Disney Infinity (Disney)
7. NBA 2K14 (2K Sports)
8. Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
9. Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
10. PES 2014 (Konami)
11. Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
12. The Last of Us (Sony)
13. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
14. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
15. Diablo III (Blizzard)
16. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
17. Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
18. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
19. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
20. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)