It's armed with some of the biggest IP of the last decade, but Telltale isn't finished yet. SVP of publishing Steve Allison reveals the firm's plans to unite TV and games in this week's MCV.
With E3 just around the corner, we hear from UK retailers about their concerns that this year's event must deliver games for 2015 – and list the full line-up of press conferences.
We also take a look back at this year's inaugural Interface event, and pick out the six best pieces of advice from our speakers that any aspiring indie developer or publisher should heed if they want to make it big.
Playtonic Games has just made headlines across the country by achieving the biggest-ever UK Kickstarter games campaign thanks to nostalgic 3D platformer Yooka-Laylee. But with crowdfunding revenues dropping and a series of high-profile failures, is the platform in trouble? We ask Kickstarter, Playtonic and two other crowdfunding success stories: InXile and 22cans.
Meanwhile, hot off its triumph at this year's MCV Awards, live streaming behemoth Twitch talks about why 2014 was its biggest year yet – and what's next for the firm.
This issue also features an interview with BAFTA Award-winning developer Dan Marshall, a look at the best The Witcher merchandise and the latest news from around the industry.
Here's a full rundown:
- COVER: 'The greatest show on earth?' – Pressure builds on E3 as more games are delayed
- COVER NEWS: Take-Two joins call for more digital data
- NEWS: Nintendo plans Mario Kart 8-level marketing push for its new shooter IP Splatoon
- NEWS: Bloodborne tops UK book charts
- NEWS: UK eSports scene is 'absolutely' mature enough to support betting
- NEWS: 24/7 eSports channel incoming from streaming firm DingIt
- INTERVIEW: Equipped with a catalogue of IP including Marvel, Game of Thrones and Minecraft, Telltale Games talks about its plans to blur the worlds of TV and games
- INTERFACE SHOW REPORT: We look back at last week's Interface event in London and pick out six of the best pieces of advice offered by our speakers
- THE POWER OF KICKSTARTER: Crowdfunding has come under scrutiny recently, with multiple high-profile failures and a drop in consumer investment. We ask Kickstarter, as well as four of its biggest success stories – InXile, Playtonic Games and 22cans – what the future looks like for the platform
- INTERVIEW: MCV Award Winner Twitch reveals why 2014 was its biggest year yet, and what lies ahead for the live streaming giant
- INDIE INTERVIEW: BAFTA Award-winning developer Dan Marshall discusses making the leap from comedy PC titles to console
- MARGIN MAKERS: With Splatoon set to bring scores of children flooding into UK retailers, we examine some of the best kids' games merchandise currently on offer
- SHELF LIFE: Dafydd Davies of Llanelli's JD Games on the popularity of The Witcher 3, the continuing success of PS4 and what he wants from publishers in terms of digital content
- APPOINTMENTS: Green Man Gaming bolsters its commercial team with three new hires, Rebellion takes on former Joystiq contributing editor Sinan Kubba and Curve Digital is joined by producer Simon Chaney