Ubisoft's For Honor marched straight to No.1 in Japan last week, shifting 41,987 units during its first five days on sale, according to the latest data from Famitsu.
While not quite as impressive a start as the previous week's No.1 Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 Professional, which sold over 115,000 units during its first week, it was still enough to dethrone Square Enix's RPG to claim the number one spot. Joker 3 Professional, meanwhile, fell to No.4 this week, selling just 15,168 units - a fall of 86 per cent week-on-week.
Nioh, meanwhile, held its place at No.2, selling 28,224 units. That's a drop of 68 per cent week-on-week.
With Compile Heart's Yon-Megami Online: Cyber Dimension Neputina now having dropped out of the top ten altogether, Pokemon Sun and Moon rose one place this week to No.3, despite sales falling 14 per cent week-on-week.
Other new entries last week include Koei Tecmo's Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 with Power-Up Kit, which debuted at No.5, and Idea Factory's Diabolik Lovers: Lost Eden, which entered the charts at No.9.
Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS also held its spot at No.6, with sales declining by 17 per cent week-on-week, but Resident Evil VII biohazard fell two spaces to No.7 after a 46 per cent dip in sales week-on-week.
As for hardware, the PS4 was still the top-selling console in Japan last week, selling 22,857 units despite a 3 per cent fall in sales week-on-week. Almost all other platforms experienced a similar fall in sales last week, except the PS3, which rose two per cent week-on-week to hit a grand total of 397 units. The 2DS also overtook the PS4 Pro, shifting 6,017 units to take the No.4 spot.
Below is the software Top Ten in full for the week ending February 19th:
1. For Honor (Ubisoft) PS4, 41,987 (New)
2. Nioh (Koei Tecmo Games) PS4, 28,224
3. Pocket Monster Sun/Moon (Pokemon) 3DS, 15,615
4. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 Professional (Sqaure Enix) 3DS, 15,168
5. Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 with Power-Up Kit (Koei Tecmo Games) PS4, 9,752 (New)
6. Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo) 3DS, 8,182
7. Resident Evil 7: biohazard (Capcom) PS4, 7,733
8. Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki (Level 5) 3DS, 7,596
9. Diabolik Lovers: Lost Eden (Idea Factory) Vita, 6,988 (New)
10. Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (Nintendo) 3DS, 6,373
And here are the hardware figures for the same period:
New Nintendo 3DS LL, 20205
PS Vita, 8339
PS4 Pro, 5963
New Nintendo 3DS, 1155
Wii U, 601
Xbox One S, 75
Xbox One, 35