Gamers who were left out of pocket by GAME's Super Mario Maker mistake have been told to expect a refund shortly.
A number of customers took to the internet airwaves earlier this week having found they had been charged 234.95 for the game – five times its RRP. GAME had initially told customers that all those affected would be refunded within 24 hours.
This has not yet happened for some and, worse still, others found they were charged yet again for the game.
Now Eurogamer reports that some customers have been contacted by the retailer to say the issue may not be resolved until the end of the week.
"We have been working through crediting any pending transactions with our banking partners as a top priority,” it said. You should see these appear on your account over the next couple of days as we resolve everything ready for the product release on Friday."
There has been no mention, however, of what action will be taken to help those for whom the overcharge forced into their overdraft, incurring yet further charges. It also means that even should GAME deliver on the promise some will have been left out of pocket for up to four days.
Tech problems also blighted GAME last week when glitches appeared to lead to the cancellation of some Metal Gear Solid V orders.