Want to play a part in the outcome of the GMAs? Now's your chance. Public voting has opened for one of our special awards.
Gamers' Choice is a chance for a single piece of outstanding games media work - whether that's a written piece, video or podcast - named as one of the top pieces of games media work from the last year.
There are 12 excellent pieces up for consideration. The full list is below (including links to where you can read the originals) and you can vote for them here via a simple survey.
If you're nominated, feel free to point your readers towards the long list and the voting survey. Award sponsor Playfire and MCV will be promoting the vote over the next two weeks. Voting closes at midday on October 15th - the day of the awards ceremony itself.
GAMERS' CHOICE LONGLIST
- The Real Games Journalist interviews Mike Bithell by Gav Murphy for CVG
- Inside Monopoly's Secret War Against the Third Reich by Christian Donlan for Eurogamer
- Disabled Gamers: Part of Your World by Jordan Erica Webber for Kotaku UK
- Hands-on with Fiona Bruce: BBC uploads the UK's favourite news personality to Oculus Rift by Steve Hogarty for PC Games N
- Dragon Age's first 'fully gay' character by Aoife Wilson for OXM Blog
- American Roads and Game Design: A Love Letter by Cara Ellison for Kotaku UK
- The Video Game Invasion of Iraq by Simon Parkin for The New Yorker
- The Last Of Us: Left Behind is a masterful, affectionate and poignant farewell by Chris Schilling for Edge Online
- Chico's Tape 4 by Ria Jenkins
- Day Z: An Anthropological Study by Angus Morrison for RE:Roll
- Escaping into Skyrim by Anonymous for Midnight Resistance
- IGN UK Podcast – Episode 243: The Blabber Dook
The Gamers' Choice award is sponsored by Playfire, the social platform run by Green Man Gaming.
The Playfire Community are hugely passionate about games and the great content created around their games that create such active discussions.
We hope to bring some of this spirit and critical conversation to this new award,” said Darren Cairns, EVP Marketing at Green Man Gaming and Playfire.
Good luck to all the nominees!”
The Games Media Awards take place on the evening of October 15th at the Bloomsbury Ballroom near Holborn.
The GMAs are proudly sponsored by Sega (Rising Star award partner), Green Man Gaming / Playfire (Gamer's Choice award partner), EA SPORTS' FIFA 15 (After-Party sponsor), DC Thomson's 110% Gaming and Gamescom (event partners).
To find out more about sponsorship and getting involved in the biggest event for UK games media, contact Alex.Boucher@intentmedia.co.uk or call him on 01992 535 647.
The GMAs are free to invited media (including the finalists) but trade tickets are available for non-media. Contact Conor.Tallon@intentmedia.co.uk or call him on 01992 535 647 to book your seats.