UK retail group GAME has lifted the lid on a very targeted new loyalty scheme that it has launched in its Gamestation stores today.
Called Gamestation Elite, the offer includes what GAME is calling Accolades, which are very similar in design to Xbox Achievement points. Varying amounts of XP (a gaming term for ‘experience points') can be earned by completing an assortment of tasks. These are then transformed into free credit that can be spent in store and, from October 27th, also on the Gamestation website.
There are 20 Accolades in total, including the following:
* Soldier of Fortune – 250 XP earned for buying your first pre-owned item
* Get Your Wings – 500 XP earned by performing your first trade-in
* Lightning Speed – 2000 XP earned by trading in 10 games within 14 days of launch
* Bolt Speed – 4000 XP earned by trading in 25 games within 14 days of launch
* Unleash the Beast – 250 XP earned when the combined Elite community earns a total of 2,000,000,000 XP
In addition, 250 XP will be earned after six months membership and 2000 XP will be rewarded to those still singed up after five years. 1000 XP is worth 2.50.
We know that gamers are a loyal band of brothers – this is their chance to join the best of the best,” Gamestation Elite ‘top dog' Rob Voase stated. If you think you've got it, then you've got to join. We respect your gaming pedigree and this will reward what is important to you.”
More details can be found on the Elite website.