Next week's release of God of War: Ascension is set to receive India's largest midnight launch yet, with six cities across the country participating.
While past midnight launches have been restricted to just Mumbai or to the metros, Ascension will be sold at midnight on 13th March in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Ludhiana.
Several retailers are currently accepting preorders for the game (list of participating retailers here), which will be available in two SKUs – the standard edition for Rs 2,999, and the Special Edition (with Steelbook) for Rs 3,299.
Preorder bonuses include the Mythological Heroes and the Blade of Judgment multiplayer DLC packs, and a 30-day PlayStation Plus free trial.
Those who preorder the game from any of the below stores will be able to pick up their copies and preorder bonuses at the midnight launch itself.
All copies of God of War: Ascension will also gain access to a playable demo of Naughty Dog's The Last of Us, which will have to be downloaded via PSN once it becomes available.
Here's the list of participating retailers for the God of War: Ascension midnight launch:
- Blur, Satyam Theatre Complex, Chennai
- Game Shoppee, Ashok Nagar, Chennai
- Game4u, Mega Mall, Mumbai
- Game4u, Infiniti 2 Mall, Mumbai
- Game4u, MGF Mall, Gurgaon
- Game4u, MBD Neopolis Mall, Ludhiana
- Kavita Toys, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad
- Landmark, Vasant Kunj, Delhi
- Landmark, Forum Mall, Koramangala, Bangalore
- New Games N Gadgets, Jayanagar, Bangalore
- Venus Games, Church Street, Bangalore
God of War: Ascension is in stores on 13th March exclusively for PS3.
Sign up for the free MCV India newsletterhere.