Lifetime sales of Sony's racing simulator series Gran Turismo have hit 55m, developer Polyphony Digital has revealed.
Furthermore, sales of the latest instalment – the simply titled Gran Turismo on PSP – have now hit 1.8m. The only instalment of the series on PS3 to date, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, stand at 4.65m.
Upcoming instalment Gran Turismo 5, the first ‘proper' next-gen release for the series, recently saw its release date pushed back to later this year, though those who have been following the title's protracted development will not be holding their breath.
Here are the numbers for each game in the series:
* Gran Turismo – 10,850,000
* Gran Turismo 2 – 9,370,000
* Gran Turismo 3 A-spec – 14,890,000
* Gran Turismo Concept Series – 1,560,000
* Gran Turismo 4: Prologue – 1,350,000
* Gran Turismo 4 – 10,980,000
* Gran Turismo 5: Prologue – 4,650,000
* Gran Turismo (PSP) – 1,800,000
Series Total – 55,450,000