Rockstar's GTA V has only been on sale for just over three weeks but the game has already claimed seven world records.
The PS3 and Xbox 360 epic sold 11.2m units in its first day, generating revenues of $815.7m/511.8m. It hit $1bn/624.25m after just three days.
In the process it has beaten previous record holders Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, The Avengers and Avatar.
"GTA totally deserves to be recognized as an icon of modern British culture, and we're thrilled to be able to feature the game in the record books,” Guinness World Records editor-in-chief Craig Glenday said.
Gaming is no longer a niche hobby, as GTA V has proved, and how exciting that it's taken on the might of Hollywood and won! I'm also doubly proud as a Dundonian to welcome this home-grown series back into the Guinness World Records book.”
Here are its seven records in full:
1. Best-selling action-adventure video game in 24 hours
2. Best-selling video game in 24 hours
3. Fastest entertainment property to gross $1bn
4. Fastest video game to gross $1bn
5. Highest grossing video game in 24 hours
6. Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
7. Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure video game