This week MCV has investigated what proportion of game sales are physical, and how many are digital.
By combining physical data from UKIE/GfK Chart-Track and digital information from SuperData, we can see what the divide is between the two formats.
We also speak to Ubisoft Quebec about the publisher's upcoming Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and Codemasters talks to us about the transition to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for F1 2015.
Meanwhile we catch up with some of the biggest names in QA and localisation to see what challenges are facing the sector at the moment, and whether publishers have stepped up their act following the slew of buggy games released last Q4.
And following the blockbuster launch of The Witcher 3 we catch up with developer CD Projekt RED about the huge success of the latest entry in the action RPG series.
Also, industry charity GamesAid explains why you should sign up.
Below are the full contents of this week's issue, which can be found here:
- COVER: Physical still dominant despite digital shift
- NEWS: New-look NCSoft West eyes rapid American and European growth
- NEWS: Spotify rules out games as it goes beyond music
- NEWS: 'Publishers are still not doing enough to end buggy games'
- NEWS: PDP sets sights on PC accessory market
- INTERVIEW: For Creed and country – Ubisoft's attempt to restore Assassin's Creed's reputation with London-based entry Syndicate
- FEATURE: What's bugging the bug testers? MCV catches up with QA and localisation firms to find out what challenges are facing them at the moment
- MCV AWARD WINNER: Turtle Beach – acccessory to success
- INSIGHT – In the final part in a series of articles, Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley talks about the launch of self-published titel Zombie Army Trilogy
- THE BIG GAME: Racing fans were disappointed when last year's F1 2014 didn't come to PS4 and Xbox One – but now developer Codemasters is bringing the series to these new platforms. We speak to VP of publishing Jonathan Bunney to find out more
- INTERVIEW: Following the huge launch of The Witcher 3, we catch up with developer CD Projekt RED about the title's success
- INDIE INTERVIEW: From indie to triple-A... and back again – The Astronaut's Adrian Chmielarz on his journey through the games industry
- INTERVIEW: Why you should get involved with GamesAid
- SHELF LIFE: Games Centre Dumfries' Raymond Reid on how the store has been defying the trend and keeping pre-order numbers up
- APPOINTMENTS: Shop Direct's Johnson joins MCV RAB
- MARGIN MAKERS: All the best Metal Gear Solid merchandise on the market