Considering yesterday's news escapades, Capcom's announcement of a brand new IP – Remember – with a great looking new female lead could hardly have been timed better.
However, those hoping Gamescom will follow-up with an even bigger announcement in the shape of Half-Life 3 are heading for disappointment. And that's despite the game appearing in the show's official guide!
Here's a roundup of the day in news:
- Capcom tells MCV that it will have some news on its Wii U support very soon” – LINK
- Gamescom's show guide lists Half-Life 3! Though the disclaimer says that the information was sourced from blogs and forums – LINK
- MCV chats to Ouya boss Julie Uhrman about the company's fantastic Kickstarter success – LINK
- Capcom unveils brand new IP Remember, complete with new female lead Nilim – LINK
- Pro trolling from BioWare as it says that day one DLC exists only because fans demand it – LINK
- GameStop is named the 10th worst company to work for in the US – LINK
- Analyst Colin Sebastian gives EA his backing – LINK
- Double Fine commits to a new life of creative independence – LINK
- Former Irrational Games dev Nate Wells joins Naughty Dog – LINK
- Can Call of Duty: Black Ops II finally give eSports the mainstream thrust it so craves? – LINK
- That's seven million copes and counting for Minecraft on PC – LINK
- Entertainment retailer HMV to focus on Click and Collect service – LINK
- We name our Game of the Day – Cave's glorious iOS shooter Espgaluda II – LINK