Nintendo's stunning performance in the east couldn't be any clearer, looking at the latest figures from exclusive MCV media partner Enterbrain, publisher of the highly-respected Famitsu magazine.
Only Capcom's PSP title Monster Hunter Portable 2 and Square Enix's Dragon Quest IV manage to break Nintendo's hold on the top ten, which is as follows:
SOFTWARE UNIT SALES TOP TEN 2007:
1. Wii Sports (Nintendo): 1,911,520
2. Monster Hunter Portable 2 (Capcom): 1,489,898
3. Wii Play (Nintendo): 1,487,484
4. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Nintendo): 1,256,516
5. Mario Party DS (Nintendo): 1,232,644
6. New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) 1,176,939
7. Pokemon Diamind/Pearl (Nintendo) 1,094,389
8. Mario Party 8 (Nintendo) 1,053,934
9. Dragon Quest IV (Square Enix) 1,052,827
10. More Brain Training (Nintendo) 1,033,933
For more facts and figures from the full-year 2007 report on the japanese market, click here.