Microsoft's struggle to break into the Japanese games market is well documented – but Xbox 360 proved it does have some muscle in the territory this week as Halo 3 entered the charts in first spot.
Media Create reports that the game sold 59,000 copies in its first week on sale, enough to lead a top ten that was also populated by five other new entries.
The Japanese Top Ten in full
1. Halo 3 (Xbox 360)
2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Toki (DS)
3. Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (PSP)
4. Tamagotchi DS (DS)
5. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Yami (DS)
6. Bleach Blade Battlers 2nd (PS2)
7. English Test 2 (DS)
8. Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX (PSP)
9. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PS3)
10. Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops + (PSP)