Week One sales of Call of Duty have also taken a dive in Japan, according to data from Famitsu.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare sold 100,877 on PS4 in the region, compared with the combined 172,602 units of Black Ops III shifted on PS4 and PS3 last year. That's a drop of 42 per cent year-on-year. Comparing just the PS4 SKUs of both titles sees a 31 per cent sales decline. There was no PS3 SKU of the shooter this year.
CoD still topped the Japanese charts ahead of Bandai Namco's Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, which shifted 61,375 on PS4. Meanwhile, the PS4 edition of Koei Tecmo's new release, Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey, debuted in third place, with the Vita debuting at No.5.
Battlefield 1 remains in the Top Ten at No.4, while fellow EA shooter Titanfall 2 comes in at eighth place. Sales of Titanfall 2 fell just 43 per cent in the title's second week on sale.
Last week's top spot, Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization on PlayStation Vita, fell to No.6, with sales dipping 77 per cent. The PS4 edition fall six places to No.7 with a 75 per cent decline in sales.
Over in the hardware charts, PS4 holds the top spot with 32,484 units sold, ahead of Nintendo's New 3DS LL machine, which shifted 17,603 consoles.
Below is the software Top Ten for the week ending November 6th:
1. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Sony) PS4 – 100,877 (New)
2. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 (Bandai Namco) PS4 – 61,375 (New)
3. Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (Koei Tecmo) PS4 – 26,682 (New)
4. Battlefield 1 (EA) PS4 – 22,748
5. Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (Koei Tecmo) Vita – 17,664 (New)
6. Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (Bandai Namco) Vita – 16,651
7. Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (Bandai Namco) PS4 (Bandai Namco) – 16514
8. Titanfall 2 (EA) PS4 – 13,367
9. World of Final Fantasy (Square Enix) PS4 – 13,127
10. World of Final Fantasy (Square Enix) Vita – 12,181
And here are the hardware figures for the
1. PS4, 32484
2. New Nintendo 3DS LL, 17603
3. PS Vita, 9012
4. 2DS, 8601
5. New Nintendo 3DS, 2460
6. Wii U, 2293
7. PS3, 524
8. Xbox One, 210
9. Nintendo 3DS, 141
10. Nintendo 3DS LL, 97