The latest weekly figures from Famitsu show that sales in Japan have been once again dominated by Nintendo – with the full top 20-selling titles being released on Wii or DS.
Square Enix's Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings on DS takes the top spot for the second week running, whilst Super Paper Mario on Wii also manages to hold on to its place at two and Wii Sports climbs one place to three.
Hudon's Momotaro Dentetsu DS: Tokyo & Japan drops from three to four as Big Brain Academy on Wii remains in fifth place.
The biggest climbers in the top ten are both Nintendo titles, with Yoshi's Island DS and New Super Mario Bros. both jumping up five places, to six and eight respectively.
Other notable entries include Nintendo's Animal Crossing Wild World on DS at 16 and Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training on DS at 17.
The first title in the chart not on a Nintendo format is Square Enix's Final Fantasy Anniversary at 21.
The Famitsu top ten reads:
1. Final Fantasy Revenant Wings (Square Enix) – DS
2. Super Paper Mario (Nintendo) – Wii
3. Wii Sports (Nintendo) – Wii
4. Momotaro Dentetsu DS: Tokyo & Japan (Hudson) – DS
5. Big Brain Academy (Nintendo) – Wii
6. Yoshi's Island (Nintendo) – DS
7. Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March Of The Minis (Nintendo) – DS
8. New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) – DS
9. Wii Play (Nintendo) – Wii
10. Pocket Monster Diamond / Pearl (Pokemon) – DS