Kingdom Hearts III tops the GSD chart this week. Capcom's reimagining of classic survival horror Resident Evil 2 slips in behind at second place, whilst EA's FIFA 19 comes in third.
Interestingly, Kingdom Hearts: All-in-One package - which includes Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, and Kingdom Hearts III and is only available on PlayStation 4 - has also secured a place in the Top 10.
Here's the full top 10 titles combined by value across Europe for the week January 28th, 2019, to February 2nd, 2019. It's important to note that owing to the breadth of the data, GSD’s reports come at the end of the week following, so it’ll be another week before we see, for example, Wargroove's impact on the chart.
European Top 10 Combined By Value (28/01/2019 to 02/02/2019)
- KINGDOM HEARTS III - PS4, XBOX ONE - SQUARE ENIX
- RESIDENT EVIL 2 - PC, PS4, XBOX ONE - CAPCOM
- FIFA 19 - PC, PS3, PS4, SWITCH, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE - EA
- KINGDOM HEARTS: ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGE - PS4 - SQUARE ENIX
- NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXE - SWITCH - NINTENDO
- RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 - PS4, XBOX ONE - ROCKSTAR GAMES
- CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS 4 - PC, PS4, XBOX ONE - ACTIVISION
- SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE - SWITCH - NINTENDO
- ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES - PC, PS4, XBOX ONE - BANDAI NAMCO
- GRAND THEFT AUTO V - PC, PS3, PS4, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE - ROCKSTAR GAMES
A long-awaited change was made to the Europe-wide GSD charts recently. The charts have added value rankings to their weekly reports - as requested by MCV - providing us with a far better idea of what titles are really making the money. The issue up to now was that sales of digital titles were hard to analyse, as the vast pricing disparities in digital meant that unit data was next to meaningless. Taking W3 2019 as an example, the No.1 best-selling digital title in Europe by unit sales was Just Cause 3 – heavily discounted.