Rockstar reckons its latest Grand Theft Auto V patch will finally resolve the issue causing lost characters, items and progress in Grand Theft Auto Online.
Available now on both Xbox 360 and PS3, the patch also addresses a host of other niggles with the Online game, although Rockstar says that a problem relating to saving vehicles in the cloud persists, with a fix separate fix incoming.
Always remember to save your game before leaving GTA Online, otherwise you may lose any progress since your last save – this can be done by exiting back to Single Player through the pause menu,” the studio said.
Until downloading the title update above and in order to minimize the chances of any further data loss, if at any point you receive the message ‘Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable' please do not either select the ‘Retry' option or create a temporary Character to play GTA Online. Instead, you should exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the menu in Story Mode.”
Here are the fixes in full:
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match