Microsoft has confirmed that it has signed a deal with The Really Useful Group to bring a number of Andrew Lloyd Webber's greatest musical hits to Xbox 360 karaoke title Lips.
The development follows the exclusive reveal by MCV last year that The Really Useful Group, which was founded by Lloyd Webber in 1997, was holding discussions with a number of publishers concerning leveraging its many licenses in the video games space.
Here's the complete list of what's coming to Microsoft's title:
* Memory – Elaine Paige (Cats)
* All I Ask of You – Cliff Richard & Sarah Brightman (Phantom of the Opera)
* Love Changes Everything – Michael Ball (Aspects of Love)
* Don't Cry For Me Argentina – Elaine Paige (Evita)
* The Phantom of the Opera – Steve Harley & Sarah Brightman (Phantom of the Opera)
* Any Dream Will Do – Donny Osmond (Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat)
We're thrilled to bring the timeless and immensely popular music of Andrew Lloyd Webber to Lips players everywhere,” Dave McCarthy, general manager of Live services for Microsoft Game Studios, stated.
The Really Useful Group's head of digital Douglas Glen added: With the video gaming sector having evolved from its male-dominated roots towards a more family-oriented demographic, we're very pleased to partner with Microsoft in releasing some of the best-known brands in musical entertainment to their global Lips audience.”