Mario Kart 8 Deluxe enjoyed its third week at No.1 in the Japanese software charts last week, after selling another 30,745 units, according to the latest data from Famitsu. This takes its cumulative total to just shy of 400,000 units, (397,287, to be exact), after a fall of 64 per cent in sales week-on-week.
It still hasn't quite caught up with Breath of the Wild's total Japanese sales, however, as the Switch version of the latest Zelda title now stands at 402,016 units after selling another 8,290 copies last week.
Elsewhere in the charts, it was a fairly quiet week at Japanese retail. Monster Hunter XX climbed one place to No.2 last week despite a 45 per cent drop in sales week-on-week, and last week's No.2 Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X fell to No.4 after a 64 per cent decline week-on-week.
The only new entry was Koei Tecmo's Attack on Titan game for 3DS, which debuted at No.3 after shifting 11,451 units.
NieR: Automata also re-entered the Top Ten last week after selling 3,872 units, pushing out 1-2-Switch and Mario Sports Superstars.
In the hardware charts, the Switch is still the most popular console despite a 46 per cent fall in sales, and the PS4 is currently charting in second.
Here's the Top 10 software chart in full for the Week ending May 14th:
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Switch, Nintendo, 30,745
2. Monster Hunter XX, 3DS, Capcom, 14,049
3. Attack on Titan: Shichi kara no Dasshutsu, 3DS, Koei Tecmo Games, 11,451 (New)
4. Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X, 3DS, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, 10,910
5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Switch, Nintendo, 8,290
6. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, 3DS, Nintendo, 5,859
7. Pro Yakyu FamiSta Climax, 3DS, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, 3,983
8. NieR: Automata, PS4, Square Enix, 3,872
9. Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition, PS4, FromSoftware, 3,673
10. Pocket Monster Sun/Moon, 3DS, Pokemon, 3,024
And here's the hardware chart for the same period:
Nintendo Switch, 25,257
New Nintendo 3DS LL, 10,384
PS4 Pro, 4,441
PS Vita, 4,212
Nintendo 2DS, 2,995
New Nintendo 3DS, 351
Wii U, 203
Xbox One S, 72