After a relatively quiet week at Japanese retail, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is back at the top of Japan's weekly charts, according to the latest numbers from Famitsu.
The title had been inched out of the number one spot for a couple of weeks following the launch of Nihon Falcom's Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana and Bandai Namco's Tekken 7, but Nintendo's Switch racer has now regained pole position after shifting another 14,443 units last week.
Tekken 7, meanwhile, dropped to No.2 after a75 per cent fall in sales week-on-week, while Ys VIII settled for No.7 after sales declined by 52 per cent. This allowed several Nintendo titles to jump back up the charts last week, including Capcom's Monster Hunter XX for 3DS (No.3), and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (No.4).
There was only one new entry this week in the form of Idea Factory's Shiro to Kuro no Alice for the PS Vita, which debuted at No. 6 after selling 5,749 copies.
Over in the hardware charts, Nintendo Switch sales grew 12 per cent week-on-week despite having no new releases, taking its total market share last week to 43.9 per cent. Elsewhere, PS4 sales declined by five per cent week-on-week, taking its market share down to 23.6 per cent.
Here's the software chart in full for the week ending June 11th:
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch), Nintendo, 14,443
2. Tekken 7 (PS4), Bandai Namco Entertainment, 13,631
3. Monster Hunter XX (3DS), Capcom, 9,305
4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Nintendo, 6,451
5. Secret of Mana Collection (Switch), Square Enix, 5,872
6. Shiro to Kuro no Alice (Vita), Idea Factory, 5,749
7.Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (PS4), Nihon Falcom, 4,520
8. NieR: Automata (PS4), Square Enix, 4,192
9. Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X (3DS), Bandai Namco Entertainment, 3,972
10. Pocket Monster Sun / Moon (3DS), Pokemon, 2,654
And here are the hardware numbers for the same period:
Nintendo Switch, 28,293
New Nintendo 3DS XL, 8,633
PS4 Pro, 4,639
PS Vita, 4,317
New Nintendo 3DS, 257
Wii U, 133
Xbox One X, 61