This week was once again dominated by developments surrounding EA's decision to hike PC game prices in India. The #EAPCIndia Twitter campaign picked up steam and received quite a bit of international media support. MCV India also took the opportunity to look at things from EA's perspective.
Here's a quick round-up of some of this week's stories from MCVuk.com's sister site, MCV India:
- #EAPCIndia campaign intensifies with local, international media coverage – The Twitter campaign picked up steam over the weekend, and was picked up by international media such as Plolygon, Wired and Kotaku. FULL STORY
- OPINION: Why it's hard to argue with EA's decision to raise PC game prices in India – MCV India used the #EAPCIndia issue to take a closer look at the Indian PC games market and make a strong point for why EA may not be entirely to blame. FULL STORY
- Prepaid Steam cards to be available in India very soon – Cybergames India has partnered with Valve to make Steam Wallet Codes available in India. The cards will be available in India soon. FULL STORY
- Indian government has to recognise gaming as an industry: Sony's Bose – PayStation India's Atindriya Bose chimes in with his views on the need for India to have a dedicated trade body for gaming. FULL STORY
- PC version of Grand Theft Auto 5 in the works, suggests Rockstar job listing – A job listing on Rockstar's website suggests that Rockstar Leeds – responsible for the PC port of L.A. Noire – is currently hiring for the unannounced PC version of GTA 5. FULL STORY
- Snapdeal begins PS4 preorders with Rs 1,999 advance payment – Shortly after Game4u began a similar preorder campaign, online retailer Snapdeal has started taking PS4 preorders, with customers required to pay Rs 1,999 up front. FULL STORY
Head over toMCV Indiafor more of this week's stories.
MCV Indiais a new digital venture from Intent Media, the UK publishing company behind the world's leading video game b2b brand, MCV. Make sure you sign up to theMCV India newsletter. To find out how MCV India can support your business year-round across its online, email and social channels, contact Lesley Blumson on +44 (0) 1992 535 647 firstname.lastname@example.org.