It's all about the games”. That was the message from Microsoft prior to tonight's E3 press conference and it's hard to argue that the company didn't deliver.
What is likely to grab the headlines, however, is the console's launch RRP – it will cost 429 when it arrives in the UK (and over 21 other territories) this November.
That puts it into PS3 launch price territory. PS3, of course, famously struggled to get off the ground until Sony slashed the price.
But aside from the price, an impressive selection of exclusive Xbox One games were announced including Halo 5 (out in 2014), Capcom's Dead Rising 3, Respawn Entertainment's debut title Titanfall, Forza 5, Quantum Break, Insomniac's first Xbox title Sunset Overdrive, a new release for the Killer Instinct IP, Minecraft for Xbox One and Swery's D4.
DLC for Battlefield 4 will also enjoy a period of timed exclusivity on Microsoft's machine.
Here's a roundup of all the news from tonight's conference:
- 429 Xbox One November launch confirmed
- Redesigned Xbox 360 available NOW; World of Tanks announced
- New Halo heading to Xbox One in 2014
- Respawn's Titanfall exclusive to Xbox One
- Crytek's Ryse detailed for Xbox One
- Killer Instinct returns to consoles at Xbox One reveal
- Insomniac announces Sunset Overdrive for Xbox One
- Dead Rising 3 exclusive to Xbox One
- Deadly Premonition dev's new game D4 coming to Xbox One, New Quantum break trailer
- Minecraft for Xbox One confirmed
- Crimson Dragon confirmed for Xbox One
- Project Spark brings cross-platform game creation to Xbox One and Windows 8
- 60fps Battlefield 4 footage impresses
- Xbox One Upload Studio expands console functionality; MS dropping MS Points
- Forza 5 promises "the end of AI"
- Metal Gear Solid V demo opens E3 press conference
- Kinect Sports Rivals available at Xbox One launch