The latest entry in Capcom's Monster Hunter series is manages to hold on to the top spot in Japan, according to data from Famitsu.
The title's sales dipped 54 per cent to 69,102 units this week, but 3DS game maintains a 9,000 unit lead on No.2, Mixi's Monster Strike.
With a lack of new releases, the Top Ten is largely similar to last week's charts. Super Mario Maker holds onto third place, while fellow Nintendo title Splatoon stays in fourth. Yo-Kai Watch Busters is still the fifth best-selling game in Japan.
The only fresh entry in the Top Ten is Vita title Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force, which sold 13,328 units and comes into the software ranks in eighth place.
Last week's No.9, Bethesda's Fallout 4, has dropped out of the Top Ten altogether.
Sony's PlayStation 4 was the best-selling piece of hardware last week, shifting 38,286 units. Last week's No.1 – Nintendo's New 3DS LL – falls to second place with 35,361 units sold.
Below is the software Top Ten for the week ending January 10th:
1. Monster Hunter X (Capcom) 3DS – 69,102
2. Monster Strike (Mixi) 3DS – 60,320
3. Super Mario Maker (Nintendo) Wii U – 30,399
4. Splatoon (Nintendo) Wii U – 28,304
5. Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Akaneko-dan/Shiroinu-tai (Level 5) 3DS – 21,674
6. Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony) Vita – 21,607
7. Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Nintendo) 3DS – 14,378
8. Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force (Bandai Namco) Vita – 13,328
9. Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ (Nintendo) 3DS – 11,641
10. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (Nintendo) 3DS – 10,757
And here are the hardware numbers:
1. PS4, 38,286
2. New Nintendo 3DS LL, 35,361
3. PS Vita, 31,946
4. Wii U, 25,995
5. New Nintendo 3DS, 10,772
6. Nintendo 3DS, 4,696
7. PS3, 2,299
8. PS Vita TV, 511
9. Nintendo 3DS LL, 315
10. Xbox One, 145