Capcom's Monster Hunter XX has sold another 255,748 copies last week in Japan and topped Famitsu's charts for the second consecutive week despite sales decreasing 74 per cent. Having shifted over 1m units during its first week, the title has now sold nearly 1.3m copies in just nine days.
The lack of new titles allowed Switch games to take over the charts again, with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild charting No.2 thanks to a 14 per cent increase in sales. 1-2-Switch meanwhile climbed from No.9 to No.3 with a 20 per cent growth in sales and Super Bomberman R re-entered the charts at No.10, shifting another 7,486 copies. On the hardware side, the Switch sold nearly 80,000 units last week – a 56 per cent increase compared to the week before. Nintendo's new console has just hit the 500k milestone in Japan.
Elsewhere, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands made it to No.4 last week, despite a 37 per cent decline in sales, and Horizon Zero Dawn also gained a few spots to land at No.5 with sales decreasing 33 per cent.
Meanwhile, both Pokmon Sun/Moon and Nier: Automata re-entered the charts last week, respectively at No.6 and No.9. Pokmon's good performance, combined with Monster Hunter XX being No.1 again, allowed the Nintendo 3DS LL to remain well positioned in the hardware charts, at No.2, despite a slight 13 per cent decline in sales – but it should be noted that sales for the console were up 138 per cent the week before.
Here's the Top Ten in full for the week ending March 26th:
- Monster Hunter XX, 3DS, Capcom (255,748)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Switch, Nintendo (35,636)
- 1, 2, Switch, Switch, Nintendo (18,554)
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, PS4, Ubisoft (17,650)
- Horizon: Zero Dawn, PS4, Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia (10,389)
- Pocket Monster Sun/Moon, 3DS, Pokemon (10,290)
- Accel World vs. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight, Vita, Bandai Namco Entertainment (9,069)
- Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 Remix, PS4, Square Enix (8,559)
- NieR: Automata, PS4, Square Enix (8,185)
- Super Bomberman R, Switch, Konami (7,486)
And here are the weekly hardware figures for the same period:
- Nintendo Switch, 79,493
- New Nintendo 3DS LL, 39,843
- PS4, 24,847
- Nintendo 2DS, 9,392
- PS Vita, 7,529
- PS4 Pro, 5,632
- New Nintendo 3DS, 2,054
- PS3, 1,818
- Wii U, 383
- Xbox One S, 71
- Xbox One, 14