A brand new entry in the Harvest Moon series has shot to the top spot in Japan, according to date from Famitsu.
The 3DS title shifted 110,597 units in its first week, with New 3DS LL hardware sales rising six per cent week-on-week.
Meanwhile, the Wii U version of Minecraft also made its debut in the region. The Microsoft published title sold 22,676 copies and made its way to third place. Nintendo's machine also received Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, a game that sold 21,041 copies and debuted at No.4.
Both of these titles did not result in a rise in sales for the Wii U, however.
Also debuting in Japan this week was PlayStation Vita game, Caligula, which debuted in second place. It sold 28,960 copies.
Meanwhile, Capcom's Umbrella Corps debuted at No.8, selling 11,622 copies.
Here's the software Top Ten for the week ending June 26th:
1. Harvest Moon: 3-tsu no Sato no Taisetsu na Tomodachi (Marvelous) 3DS – 110,597 (New)
2. Caligula (Furyu) Vita – 28,960 (New)
3. Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Microsoft) Wii U – 22,676 (New)
4. Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Nintendo) Wii U – 21,041 (New)
5. Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain (Nippon Ichi Software) Vita – 15,703 (New)
6. Taiko Drum Master: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure (Bandai Namco) 3DS – 13,493
7. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice (Capcom) 3DS – 13,147
8. Umbrella Corps (Capcom) PS4, – 11,622 (New)
9. Dragon Quest Heroes II: Futago no Ou to Yogen no Owari (Square Enix) Vita – 7,265
10. Pocket Monster Red/Green/Blue/Yellow (Nintendo) 3DS – 7,199
And here are the hardware figures:
1. PS4 - 21,475
2. New Nintendo 3DS LL - 15,906
3. PS Vita - 11,375
4. Wii U - 4,442
5. New Nintendo 3DS - 3,458
6. PS3 - 871
7. Nintendo 3DS - 340
8. Nintendo 3DS LL - 312
9. Xbox One - 72
10. PS VitaTV - 16