The latest game in Atlus' Shin Megami Tenseiseries of RPGs has gone straight to the top spot in Japan, according to data from Famitsu.
The 3DS game – Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final – sold 96,556 units in its launch week. And despite being a 3DS exclusive, hardware figures for Nintendo's handheld barely rose for the week. Six per cent more New 3DS LL units were sold week-on-week, while New 3DS sales rose one per cent.
A new SMT game wasn't the only new entry in the charts this week. Sega's Valykrie Chronicles Remastered debuted in third place, with 22,261 units shifted.
The Vita SKU of Square Enix's Dragon Quest Builders holds fast in second place after debuting at No.1 the week before. The PS4 version drops to fifth and the PS3 fell one place to No.6.
Last week's top dog, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, falls to seventh place as sales dip 78 per cent over the week.
And Nintendo's Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash maintains its position in fourth place, while Yo-Kai Watch Busters remains at No.8.
Below is the software Top Ten for the week ending February 14th:
1. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final (Atlus) 3DS – 96,556 (New)
2. Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard wo Fukkatsu Seyo (Square Enix) Vita – 23,576
3. Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (Sega) PS4 – 22,261(New)
4. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (Nintendo) Wii U – 15,992
5. Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard wo Fukkatsu Seyo (Square Enix) PS4 – 15,650
6. Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard wo Fukkatsu Seyo (Square Enix) PS3 – 12,602
7. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (Bandai Namco) PS4 – 12,182
8. Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Akaneko-dan/Shiroinu-tai (Level 5) 3DS – 8,665
9. Splatoon (Nintendo) Wii U – 8,487
10. Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony) Vita – 7,977
And here are the hardware numbers:
2. PS Vita –17,212
3. New Nintendo 3DS LL –15,464
4. New Nintendo 3DS–4,052
5. Wii U–3,155
6. Nintendo 3DS–1,415
8. PS VitaTV–262
9. Nintendo 3DS LL–212
10. Xbox One–126