It's been one hell of a day for Nintendo, which has finally revealed all about the launch of Wii U.
This morning, we knew nothing beyond Nintendo's promise that the device would be with us before the year is out.
Now we know when it will arrive in each territory, what will be included in each of the launch bundles, and what games are on the way – both on day one and in Q1 2013. And more.
Did you miss anything? Fear not, MCV is here to bring you up to speed:
- Wii U will launch in Japan on December 8th.
- It will be available in two bundles: Basic and Premium.
- The UK and Europe gets the console on November 30th, with a special NintendoLand bundleand Wii controller starter packs.
- There will also be a special ZombiU launch bundle, featuring the Ubisoft game and a Pro Controller.
- UK retail sources have told MCV the rough prices of Nintendo's new Wii U: 250 for the Basic, 300 for the Premium and 330 for the ZombiU bundle.
- It will cost either $299 (Basic) or $349 (Premium) when it arrives in the US on November 18th. Nintendo of America also unveiled a streaming TVii service.
- The launch day line-up will include FIFA, Mass Effect 3, Rayman Legends, with more to follow in the 'launch window' (up to March 2013).
- Oh, and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will be available at launch. That might be mildly popular.
- And surprise announcement of the lot? That'll be Platinum Games' Bayonetta 2, exclusive to Wii U.