Ubisoft's long-awaited Splinter Cell: Conviction has emerged as the best selling game in April in the US market, according to numbers from NPD.
Its 486.1k sales place it above the likes of Pokemon Soul Silver (242.9k), New Super Mario Bros Wii (200.3k) and Pokemon Heart Gold (192.6k).
Sony's PS3-only God of War III managed a fifth place finish thanks to monthly sales of 180.3k. the Xbox 360 version out powered its PS3 counterpart to claim number seven, though the PlayStation version of Capcom's Super Street Fighter IV was the only iteration of the fighter to hit the top ten.
In total software sales fell 22 per cent year-on-year, reaching a value of $398.5m.
Here's the NPD April charts in full:
1. Splinter Cell: Conviction (360) – 486.1k
2. Pokemon Soul Silver (DS) – 242.9k
3. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii) – 200.3k
4. Pokemon Heart Gold (DS) – 192.6k
5. God of War III (PS3) – 180.3k
6. Wii Sports Resort (Wii)
7. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (360)
8. Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board (Wii)
9. Just Dance (Wii)
10. Super Street Fighter IV (PS3)