Project CARS is No.1 in the UK All Formats Top 40 for the second week running, and is the first Bandai Namco game to achieve this feat since Ridge Racer Type 4 in 1999.
The publisher's racing title maintains the top spot in spite of a 64 per cent drop in sales week-on-week.
And with Bandai Namco launching The Witcher 3 this week, it could well be the third week in the row the firm has had a game at No.1.
Meanwhile, the standalone expansion to last year's Wolfenstein: The New Order, The Old Blood, debuts in second place. This is despite the title launching digitally ten days earlier. The PlayStation 4 SKU had a majority share, forming 67 per cent of units sold. The other 27 per cent were for Xbox One.
That wasn't the only game to debut in the Top 10 this week. The PS4 SKU of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster starts life in the market in fifth place, behind Grand Theft Auto V and Mortal Kombat X.
Below is the software Top 10 for the week ending May 16th:
1. Project CARS (Bandai Namco)
2. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (Bethesda)
3. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
4. Mortal Kombat X (Warner Bros)
5. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Square Enix)
6. FIFA 15 (EA)
7. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Activision Blizzard)
8. Dying Light (Warner Bros)
9. Destiny (Activision Blizzard)
10. Battlefield Hardline (EA)