There's no disputing that Minecraft is the biggest game in the world - but what does the future hold for Mojang's blockbuster title?
At last week's Minecon, MCV sat down exclusively with Mojang COO Vu Bui to talk the Swedish firm's plans for Minecraft, its intentions outside of gaming and what life is like following the studio's $2.5bn acquisition by Microsoft.
In this week's issue we also speak to Ubisoft EMEA boss Alain Corre about how the firm fought back at this year's E3 after a troubled 2014.
We also speak to hardcore strategy game firm Slitherine about bringing war gaming to the mainstream, while retaining the genre's niche appeal.
That's on top of interviews with Codemasters on F1 2015, Bandai Namco on its upcoming console Godzilla title and NCSoft on its plans for growth in the West.
You can read this week's issue of MCV here.
The full contents of MCV issue 840 are below:
- COVER: Mojang's block party – MCV speaks exclusively to Mojang about what the future holds for its blockbuster Minecraft
- NEWS: Anki targets Skylanders with September launch
- NEWS: Warner Bros and Bethesda rule June charts
- NEWS: The Witcher 3 UK console downloads hit 144,000 in May
- INTERVIEW: After a troubled 2014, MCV speaks to Ubisoft EMEA boss Alain Corre about its fight back
- INSIGHT: Hardbottle and Lewis details six things every event organiser needs to know before they stage an eSports event
- INTERVIEW: NCSoft West's John Burns on how the Korean games giant wants to grow its business in the West
- INTERVIEW: Hardcore strategy game firm Slitherine on bringing war gaming to the mainstream while retaining its niche appeal
- INTERVIEW: F1 2015 has made its final development lap and is heading to stores. MCV catches up with Codemasters VP of publishing Jonathan Bunney to find out more about this year's game
- THE BIG GAME: After stomping all over cinemas last year, Godzilla is heading to consoles after a decade of mobile and browser releases.
- APPOINTMENTS: Nintendo's Richard Stickler joins EA
- INDIE INTERVIEW: Tom Francis on going from critic to creator
- SHELF LIFE: Sammy Drysdale of retailer GamesNation on the store's plans for expansion, what events it has planned and the role GAME has had in the UK pre-order decline
- MARGIN MAKERS: MCV rounds up the biggest films based on video games
- TERRITORY REPORT: SuperData CEO Joost van Dreunen examines the state of the the United States' games market
- INTERNATIONAL: Turkey's games market is driven by digital and free-to-play games. MCV investigates