E3 2016 was packed with release dates revelations.
Microsoft put the stress on hardware with the announcement of the new Xbox One S, which will launch as soon as this August. It also revealed that Project Scorpio - the new, more powerful Xbox One - is due at the end of 2017.
Meanwhile, Sony confirmed the release date of PlayStation VR for October 13th and revealed it will have 50 virtual reality games available between then and the end of 2016.
There were obviously a lot of software announcements, too. Most of them are expected at the end of the year, ahead of the very lucrative Christmas period, including the much-anticipated FIFA 17 (September 29th), Battlefield 1 (October 21st) and Titanfall 2 (October 28th). That's on top of the PS4 and Xbox One version of blockbuster RPG Skyrim, and the long-awaited The Last Guardian.
The start of 2017 is also packed with new entries, with Resident Evil VII (January 24th), Horizon Zero Dawn (March 3rd), Ghost Recon Wildlands (March 7th) and Mass Effect Andromeda (March 31st) all scheduled for a Q1 release.
In case you missed some of them, MCV highlights the biggest release announcements:
- Xbox One S 2TB (Microsoft) August 2nd 2016
- Xbox One S 1TB (Microsoft) August 2016
- Xbox One S 500GB (Microsoft) August 2016
- ReCore (Microsoft) September 16th 2016
- Forza Horizon 3 (Microsoft) September 27th 2016
- FIFA 17 (EA) September 29th 2016
- PlayStation VR (Sony) October 13th 2016
- Battlefield 1 (EA) October 21st 2016
- The Last Guardian (Sony) October 25th 2016
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered (Bethesda) October 28th 2016
- Titanfall 2 (EA)October 28th 2016
- Just Dance 2017 (Ubisoft) October 2016
- Dishonored 2 (Bethesda) November 11th 2016
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Ubisoft) December 6th 2016
- Dead Rising 4 (Microsoft) December 6th 2016
- Steep (Ubisoft) December 2016
- Eagle Flight (Ubisoft) Q4 2016
- Star Trek: Bridge Crew (Ubisoft) Q4 2016
- Trackmania Turbo VR (Ubisoft) Q4 2016
- Werewolves Within (Ubisoft) Q4 2016
- Resident Evil VII (Capcom) January 24th 2017
- For Honor (Ubisoft) February 14th 2017
- Halo Wars 2 (Microsoft) February 21st 2017
- Horizon Zero Dawn (Sony) March 3rd 2017
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands (Ubisoft) March 7th 2017
- Mass Effect: Andromeda (EA) March 31st 2017
- Tekken 7 (Bandai Namco) Q1 2017
- Crackdown 3 (Microsoft) 2017
- Fallout 4 VR (Bethesda) 2017
- Prey (Bethesda) 2017
- Scalebound (Microsoft) 2017
- State of Decay 2 (Microsoft) 2017
- Xbox One Project Scorpio (Microsoft) 2017
You can check out MCV's full release schedule for the UK here.