Grand Theft Auto Online doesn't work very well, and Rockstar says it is doing all it can to fix it.
We are continuing to look into these issues and are working around the clock on resolving them as quickly as possible,” a statement read.
This includes close monitoring of our Support systems, forums, social media, and in-game data to measure traffic along with Community sentiment to ensure ongoing improvements to stability.”
The company has also listed what it has identified as being the main problems thus far:
- Occasional "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen
- Intermittent "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying "Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join"
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc)
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- Errors saying "Mission Failed" as soon as the mission begins during a session
Many users online are claiming that even as of this morning they have still been unable to connect to the game in any meaningful way.