Deep Silver's Saints Row IV has seen off plenty of opposition to remain this week's UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 No.1.
Ubisoft's Splinter Cell: Blacklist hangs on to second, too, although last week's No.3 – Disney Infinity – is knocked down one place by Square Enix MMO Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn which makes an impressive third place debut.
The original Final Fantasy XIV debuted at No.10 in September 2010.
Ubisoft's Rayman Legends makes a No.6 chart arrival ahead of EA's Madden NFL 25 in seventh.
Last week's two other high profile new releases fare less well, with Capcom's Lost Planet 3 managing 26th and Deep Silver's Killer is Dead 28th.
Here's the UK Top 20 in full for the week ending August 31st:
1. Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
2. Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
3. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Square Enix)
4. Disney Infinity (Disney)
5. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
6. Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
7. Madden NFL 25 (EA)
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
9. Payday 2 (505 Games)
10. FIFA 13 (EA)
11. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
12. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
13. The Last of Us (Sony)
14. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
15. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner)
16. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
17. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
18. Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft)
19. Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
20. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)