Microsoft has outlined dates for a six-month Kinect tour which will visit UK shopping centres, Disney on Ice shows and The Clothes Show.
The ‘Your Kinect Experience Tour' kicks off in late September and will run to March. Consumers will be able to play several upcoming games compatible with the Xbox 360 Kinect motion accessory, including Kinect Disneyland Adventures, Kinect Star Wars, Kinect Sports: Season 2 and Dance Central 2.
Attendees will be given a special RFID wristband during the experience which allows them to share everything they see on their Facebook page. Prizes will be up for grabs and discount vouchers will be handed out for Kinect Xbox 360 bundles.
Visitors will also be able to receive a free printed picture of themselves in their favourite game, as well as test out the Xbox Live capabilities of Windows Phone.
People will even get the chance to go up on stage and play Kinect at The Clothes Show at the Birmingham NEC in December.
Microsoft's director of Xbox and Entertainment Stephen McGill said: We are delighted to be taking Kinect on tour again this year. With a product as innovative as Kinect it's only fair that the tour experience matches that. Not only will consumers receive a personalised experience it will be completely integrated with Facebook using RFID technology to create a unique trial experience.”
The full dates for the Kinect UK tour are listed below:
- Metro Centre, Gateshead, UK – September 29th to October 23rd
- Westfield Shopping Centre, Shepherd's Bush, London, UK- October 26th to 28th November 2011
- Clothes Show LIVE, NEC, Birmingham, UK – December 2nd to 7th
Kinect Disneyland Adventures Tour
- Newcastle Metro Radio Arena: Oct 7th to 9th
- Disney Inspiration Store, Oxford Street, London: Oct 21st to 27th
- London Wembley Arena: Oct 28th to 30th
- Birmingham NEC: Nov 4th to 6th
- Sheffield Arena: Nov 11th to 13th
- Nottingham Arena: Nov 18th to 20th
- Sheffield Arena: March 9th to 11th
- Birmingham NEC: March 16th to 18th
- Liverpool Echo: March 23rd to 25th