Square Enix action title Sleeping Dogs has pipped Nintendo's New Super Mario Bros 2 to become this week's Uk No.1.
The pair's success comes as the lessening of Olympic fever sees Sega's duo of London 2012: The Official Video Game and Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games drop two places each to third and fifth respectively.
Sleeping Dogs claims the fifth largest week one sales of the year, despite the game being hard to track down on some UK High Streets.
Single-format release New Super Mario Bros 2 matches the achievement of its predecessor NSMB which claimed No.2 on its first week back in the summer of 2006.
Disney's licensed movie-tie Brave manages 39th following the film's popularity at the cinema.
Here's the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 20 for the week ending August 18th:
1. Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
2. New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
3. London 2012: The Official Video Game (Sega)
4. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
5. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
6. Batman: Arkham City (Warner)
7. The Amazing Spider-Man (Activision)
8. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
9. Dead Island GOTY Edition (Koch)
10. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Wanrer)
11. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
12. FIFA 12 (EA)
13. Battlefield 3 (EA)
14. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
15. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
16. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (Activision)
17. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
18. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
19. Grand Theft Auto Episodes – Liberty City (Rockstar)
20. Sonic Generations (Sega)