The latest Star Wars game has unsurprisingly shot to the top of the Japanese retail rankings in its debut week.
EA's return to the Battlefront series sold in excess of 100,000 units on PS4 during its first week on sale, outpacing the combined efforts of fellow newcomer Atelier Sophie: Fushigi na Hon no Renkinjutsushi on Vita and PS4. That game claimed the second and third places on the podium, respectively, according to the latest data from Famitsu.
Omega Labyrinth, another Vita title, swiped the fourth spot.
Meanwhile, the Game Director's Edition of Sword Art Online debuted at number six, while the final new release to make the Top Ten – Vita effort Girl Friend Beta: Kimi to Sugosu Natsuyasumi – charted one spot lower.
Last week's number one, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, fell to number five in its second week as sales fell by more than 130,000.
Wii U shooter Splatoon climbed two places week-on-week to rest at eight, sales rising by almost 4,000 units.
Over in the hardware rankings, the New 3DS XL closed the gap on PS4, which has topped the charts in recent weeks.
PS4 remained the best-selling console of the week, with the New 3DS XL behind by only around 500 units – compared to the 16,000 sales gap the previous week.
Here is the software Top Ten for the week ending November 22nd:
- Star Wars Battlefront (EA) PS4 – 107,168 (New)
- Atelier Sophie: Fushigi na Hon no Renkinjutsushi (Koei Tecmo) Vita – 28,350 (New)
- Atelier Sophie: Fushigi na Hon no Renkinjutsushi (Koei Tecmo) PS4 – 28,261 (New)
- Omega Labyrinth (D3) Vita – 24,894 (New)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Sony) PS4 – 22,615
- Sword Art Online: Game Director's Edition (Bandai Namco) PS4 – 22,530 (New)
- Girl Friend Beta: Kimi to Sugosu Natsuyasumi (Bandai Namco) Vita – 15,327 (New)
- Splatoon (Nintendo) Wii U – 13,797
- Disney Magical World 2 (Bandai Namco) 3DS – 13,362
- Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Akaneko-dan / Shiroinu-tai (Level 5) 3DS –13,347
And here are the hardware sales for the same period:
- PS4 – 26,472
- New Nintendo 3DS XL – 25,963
- Wii U – 13,808
- PS Vita – 11,923
- New Nintendo 3DS – 5,654
- PS3 – 1,241
- Nintendo 3DS – 1,161
- Xbox One – 550
- Nintendo 3DS XL – 425
- PS Vita TV – 313