UKIE's PC download chart is officially here, with Star Wars: The Old Republic sitting at the top.
The new chart is still in beta and represents sales from January. UKIE estimates that it represents around 40 per cent of the overall digital PC market.
The chart was put together by UKIE's digital group, which consists of 25 organisations. Any company can joint the Group, UKIE member or not. The data is compiled by the members of this group (publishers and developers), so doesn't come directly from retailers such as Steam.
The Old Republic beat off competition from Ubisoft's From Dust (No.2) and Warner Bros. Bastion (No.3).
However, despite EA winning overall, Ubisoft has the most games in the Top 20 with nine. Warner Bros. has five.
We are delighted to reveal the UK's first digital chart based on real sales data," said UKIE CEO Jo Twist.
"This is a watershed moment for our industry, but it is only the first step in capturing the full digital market. There is still a lot of work to be done, and we need more data, but we felt that the market would benefit from seeing that this project is very much on course.”
UKIE is still calling for more publishers to sign-up to the chart.
UKIE commercial manager Sam Collins added The members of the UKIE digital group have invested considerable time and effort into this project and I am very happy that their support is now being rewarded. The big challenges now are to bring more companies in to the project to make it truly representative of the market and to expand the platforms covered. In order to do this we need to work with more companies. The door is open please come and talk to UKIE about how to get involved."
UK PC Download Chart: Full GameJanuary 2012
1. Star Wars: The Old Republic - EA
2. From Dust - Ubisoft
3. Bastion - Warner Bros
4. Battlefield 3 - EA
5. Batman: Arkham City - Warner Bros
6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Standard Edition) - Square Enix
7. Anno 2070 - Ubisoft
8. Assassin's Creed 2 (Collector's Edition) - Ubisoft
9. Assassin's Creed Revelations - Ubisoft
10. Hitman Collection - Square Enix
11. Anno 2070 (Collector's Edition) - Ubisoft
12. Assassin's Creed - Ubisoft
13. The Sims 3 - EA
14. FEAR 3 - Warner Bros
15. R.U.S.E. - Ubisoft
16. Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - Ubisoft
17. Hitman: Blood Money - Square Enix
18. Heroes of Might & Magic 6 - Ubisoft
19. Batman Arkham Asylum (Game of the Year) - Warner Bros
20. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Warner Bros